“Light” proposals from MAXRAY
COMPANY INFORMATION
HEAD OFFICE AND SALES BRANCHES
DISTRIBUTOR
CONTACT
s
HOME > ABOUT US > HISTORY

HISTORY

1957 Establishment
Yamamoto Electric Firm was founded by Masataka Yamamoto.
Began manufacturing and sales of lighting equipment.
1967 Incorporated as MAX ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
Kicked off as a specialist in making lighting equipment for stores.
1970 Head Office building was completed.
Osaka Sales Office opened.
1971 Tokyo Sales Office opened.
1972 Fukuoka Sales Office opened.
1982 Tokyo Sales Office was renamed as Tokyo Branch.
1984 Products Research Laboratory opened.
1985 Osaka Sales Office was renamed as Osaka Branch.
1987 Concept of Corporate Identity was introduced.
Company name was revised as MAXRAY INC.
Company logo was revised as part of the corporate image strategy.
Distribution Center opened in East Osaka. LISPEL started.
1989
Nagoya Sales Office opened.
1994
New Head Office building, designed by Tadao Ando, was completed.
1999
Hiroyuki Yamamoto was appointed as President & Representative Director.
2001
Launched company-wide information network system, Notes.
2003
Introduced company-wide groupware for sharing information.
2005
Acquired ISO14001 certification for company environmental management system.
2008
Acquired ISO9001 certification for company quality management system.
2010
Overseas Department opened.
2012
Tokyo Branch relocated and Laboratory Space opened.
2015
MAXRAY INC. became a member of Ushio Group
through the acquisition of all stakes by USHIO LIGHTING, INC.
Ryujiro Tsubaki was appointed as CEO / Managing Director.
2017
Established Ushio Entertainment Holdings, Inc. as a holding company corporatized
USHIO LIGHTING, INC., XEBEX INC., and MAXRAY INC.
PAGE TOP